Zebra Fetch AMRs Now Available Through CSSI
June 15, 2022, Lewisburg, PA — Pennsylvania-based CSSI Technologies introduces Zebra’s line of Fetch autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) to its product offering. As companies face labor shortages and rising expenses, even in the face of growing business demands, the maturation of autonomous mobile robots comes at the perfect time for industry. Warehouse robots reduce a company’s reliance on manned forklifts and pallet jacks, and allow the firm to direct those resources to higher value activities. Productivity can surge as valuable human resources spend less time escorting materials around the facility and more time adding value to those materials. AMRs augment and empower human staff, allowing a company’s people to get more done with less effort.
Zebra Technologies Purchase of Fetch Robotics
In August of 2021, Zebra Technologies completed its acquisition of Fetch Robotics, which was notable because Fetch has been a pioneer in mobile robotics and on-demand automation, and has developed a robust line of effective and easy-to-implement mobile robots powered by AI. As the industry leader in supply chain technology, Zebra’s purchase of Fetch enables it to add leading-edge material handling capabilities to its product line. CSSI is a Zebra Premier Solutions Partner, and ready to work with you on implementing autonomous mobile robots in your warehouse and manufacturing facilities.
Key Benefits of AMRs
Autonomous mobile robots can be transformative for your distribution center or manufacturing facility productivity. The benefits of mobile robot technology are far-reaching and include:
- Reduce reliance on manned forklifts and pallet jacks
- Significantly reduce the amount of time employees spend in transit
- Support 2- and 3-shift operations
- Reliable and dependable – autonomous mobile robots don’t get sick or take time off, offering 24/7 mobility
- Improve safety – Zebra’s Fetch AMRs are designed with safe operation in mind with cameras and sensors, and reduce opportunities for accidents which results from human-driven forklifts
- Zebra’s Fetch AMRs can be easily trained for a task, and can be retrained for a new task when your business needs change. (This is a major different of AMRs versus the less flexible AGV, automated guided vehicle).
Attractive Workflows to Handle With Autonomous Mobile Robots
As you think about implementing warehouse robots, think from the perspective of specific workflows. What is the definable, repeatable task which can be assigned to your AMR in order to improve overall productivity? You are likely to find the highest ROI by identifying the most well-defined and frequently executed tasks. Businesses differ, but some likely examples might include:
- Support for picking operations with movement of eaches, totes, or cases
- Transport of pallets within facility
- Transport of rolling carts – supporting case picking, replenishment, and raw material delivery
- Creation of a virtual conveyor system, moving items from one line to the next
- Removal of waste material and recycling
- Automated RFID scanning of facility for cycle counting and asset tracking
How To Get Started With Autonomous Mobile Robots
To get started with AMRs, contact CSSI Technologies to discuss your needs. Our warehouse and mobile robot experts will work with you to determine the most attractive way to implement mobile robots in your facility.