In the most demanding and unforgiving environments, you can settle only for the best solutions. Intrinsically safe and non-incendive mobile computers will protect your workers and assets in places where there is risk of explosion.
CSSI Technologies works with the leading providers of explosion-proof, intrinsically safe, and non-incendive handheld computers and tablets. We can provide both Class I, Div 1 and Class I, Div 2 devices.
What do the hazardous location classes mean?
Class I, Division 1
3 different situations could exist to require this classification:
- Ignitable concentrations of flammable vapors or gases may be present in normal operating conditions
- Ignitable concentrations of flammable vapors or gases may exist frequently during repair/maintenance operations, or due to leakage
- Faulty operation of equipment or equipment breakdown might release ignitable concentrations of flammable gases or vapors, and might cause failure of electric equipment
Class I, Division 2
One of the following must exist in order to require this classification:
- Volatile flammable liquids or flammable gases are handled, processed or used, but the hazardous liquids, vapors or gases will normally be confined within closed containers or closed systems from which they can escape only in the event of accidental rupture or breakdown of such containers or systems, or as a result of abnormal operation of equipment.
- Ignitable concentrations of gases or vapors are normally prevented by positive mechanical ventilation, and which might become hazardous through failure or abnormal operations of the ventilating equipment.
- Adjacent to a Class I, Division 1 location, and to which ignitable concentrations of gases or vapors might occasionally be communicated unless such communication is prevented by adequate positive-pressure ventilation from a source of clean air, and effective safeguards against ventilation failure are provided.
Seeking intrinsically safe or non-incendive computing devices? Contact CSSI us today to discuss your project.