CSSI Technologies offers a complete line of rugged mobile computers suitable for a range of demanding applications and usage environments – inventory management, receiving and put-away, shipping, field service, manufacturing and more. The typical consumer device won’t cut it. Get it right the first time by working with the mobile device experts at CSSI to select the right mobility product to maximize worker productivity and provide improved warehouse management.
Key Factors When Selecting Rugged Mobile Computers
There are numerous key factors to be considered in selecting the ideal rugged handheld computer. Some factors will include:
- What rugged computer form factor and screen size does your enterprise require? Rugged tablet PC, handheld device, smartphone, rugged laptop?
- What operating system should you choose?: Android or Windows? (Note Windows Mobile, Windows CE and Windows Embedded OS’s have been discontinued and are no longer supported by Microsoft).
- Touch only, physical keypad, or full keyboard needed?
- Is a barcode scanner required for data collection – 2D/3D? Long- or short-range scanning?
- Do you need an RFID reader?
- Is a camera required?
- Wi-fi-only or data plan for mobile workers?
Rugged Handheld Solutions for Harsh Environments
Are your rugged mobile devices subject to challenging environments or extreme temperatures? There are handheld computers with varying grades of ruggedness – your CSSI mobility expert can work with you to select the optimal rugged devices for each mobile worker application.
Do you require intrinsically safe or non-incendive rugged mobile computers in your usage environment? CSSI can help with specialized Class I, Div 1, Class I, Div 2, and ATEX / IECEx certified devices.
CSSI’s Handheld Mobile Computer Experts Support You
CSSI will work with you through the rugged mobile computer specification process, and as your technology partner, will ensure prior to purchase that you have the optimal product. CSSI offers professional service to ensure a successful project for you: device lifecycle management, site assessment , wi-fi survey and installation, Windows to Android migration support, implementation of voice direction , and more. We also offer custom programming services to create unique applications perfectly fit to your processes.