CSSI Creates Unique Inventory Management System
North Central Sight Services faced challenges… the business had outgrown the capabilities of its warehouse management software, and its mobile computers were aging and running up against the end of support for Windows Mobile/CE . Also, North Central’s workforce consists primarily of people who have visual impairment, which created a need for a custom warehouse management system which could accommodate those users.
As described in the video above, CSSI embarked upon a consultative process with North Central, and ultimately created a terrific custom WMS software solution which integrated:
- A fully customized warehouse management system (WMS) with screens specially customized by CSSI to adapt to the users’ needs.
- Zebra Technologies MC3300 , a powerful and user-friendly mobile computer which enabled migration from end-of-life Windows Mobile devices to a new Android scanner.
- Full integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP
Benefits of the CSSI Warehouse Management Solution
- North Central Sight Services’ warehouse manager reported that the new WMS system to reduce time needed for monthly inventory from 1 1/2 days to just 2 hours!
- Inventory accuracy and inventory control improved
- Warehouse staff were excited with a barcode scanning solution adapted to their needs
- WMS functionality included picking, receiving, putaway, and shipping
North Central Sight Services was able to use the new WMS to reduce monthly inventory time from 1 1/2 days to just 2 hours!
Adaptive Warehouse Management Software Features
In order to adapt the WMS for the unique needs of North Central’s users, CSSI built a custom set of screens with large text and bold blocks of color which the warehouse staff found easier to read after testing.
To help guide users, CSSI also created messages which would indicate if scans were successful or unsuccessful. North Central found that this has resulted in a reduction of inventory errors, and faster training for new users.
North Central uses Microsoft Dynamics GP as its accounting system, so it was important for the WMS to be tightly integrated with that system. CSSI is a certified Dynamics GP partner and was, as a result, uniquely positioned to integrate the WMS with GP. One huge win from the project was that the time needed for monthly inventory was reduced from 1 1/2 days to 2 hours, while also making devices easier to use for the workforce, and easier to train on for new employees.
Download more information on the North Central Sight Services success story here:Warehouse Success Story - NCSS - Zebra
Do you need a warehouse management system, or do you have a need for custom programming? Contact CSSI today using the form at right.
About North Central Sight Services, Inc. (www.ncsight.org)
Based in Williamsport, PA, North Central Sight Service’s mission is to provide exceptional programs, services and employment to the blind and visually impaired as well as excellent education, prevention services and products to all customers. Through its AbilityOne Program, the company manufactures and distributes SKILCRAFT® products to the State of Pennsylvania and Federal government. Additionally, the company provides business services such as Document Management and Sip for Sight Bottleless Water Coolers to surrounding communities, creating jobs for Associates who are blind or visually impaired.