Save Time With GP Recurring Journal Entries
Do you find yourself entering and posting the same general journal entry month after month? You can save these entries in a recurring batch and post the batch each month. Or even post them out into the future (as long as the Financial module is Open for those Fiscal Periods).
Here is how to create a recurring journal entry in Dynamics GP:
- Create a batch in Financial > Transaction > Batches
- Give the batch a meaningful name and change the Frequency to how often you want the recurring entries to post.
- If you enter data in the Recurring Posting field, the batch will automatically be deleted after it’s posted that many times. If you leave it set to zero, the batch will never go away (unless manually deleted).
- If you choose Monthly for the Frequency, the posting date of the recurring transaction(s) will increment up by one month each time you post the batch. If you choose Weekly the transaction will increment up by 7 days, etc. If you select Misc you can choose how many days to increment it up by.
- You can edit the journal entries at any time
- You can see in the Batch Entry window the Last Date Posted and the number of Times Posted
Note: You can also set up a recurring batch for payables and receivables transactions.
We hope you found this tip on how to create recurring journal entries in GP useful! Contact CSSI for personalized GP support and training.