Year-end processing time is here again! And the last module that gets closed is general ledger. With the release of GP 2013, a new checkbox was added where you can mark the checkbox to “Maintain Inactive Accounts”.
• With this option marked, it will enable additional options to maintain All Inactive Accounts or just those With Budget Amounts associated with them. Mark the option you prefer.
• If this checkbox is not marked, then ALL inactive accounts will be deleted that meet the criteria listed below, even if they were used in a budget.
• No balance
• No activity for an open period
• No account history amounts
• Not part of an allocation account
• Not part of an unposted transaction
• No multicurrency data
• No transaction history records
We hope this is a helpful tip for handling your GP year-end close and inactive accounts! Need help? Please contact CSSI.