Time is running out on 2017… if your business runs on Dynamics GP, have you implemented necessary year-end updates?
The CSSI GP team is busy doing updates for GP2013, GP2015, and GP2016. There is no year-end update for GP2010, so if you’re still on GP2010 we strongly recommend you consider upgrading.
Please note that the end of mainstream support for GP2013 is April 10, 2018. GP 2018 will be released on 12/1/17.
In reviewing available updates, here are some of the key notes from CSSI’s GP experts:
- There are no W-2 or W-3 Form changes
- There are required EFW2 changes. However, if you use Greenshades to do your electronic W-2 filing this is not required
- There are product quality fixes around payroll year-end
- Affordable Care Act – there are form and code changes – Update is required if you print 1095-C’s from GP
- There are fixed asset luxury auto depreciation changes
- There are no payables form changes
- Microsoft initiated a “jumping” cycle this year. You must be on a certain version to upgrade/install the year-end update.
- GP2013 users – to install the 2017 Year End Update you need to be on 12.0.2104 or later.
- GP2015 users – to install the 2017 Year-End update you need to be on 14.00.0983 or later.
- Jumping cycle does not apply to GP2016.
- Please note – if you install the 2017 US year end update, on GP 2013 or GP 2015, you will be “stuck” on this version and cannot upgrade until after the Canadian Year end update is installed. The release of the Canadian Year end update is about a month away.
The year-end updates can be installed any time from now through running the last payroll for 2017.
|Helpful GP info from Microsoft
Microsoft has released a year end blog series. It’s packed with information about year-end processes by module. It also includes links to the download files for those of you who perform your own year-end updates:
The following link itemizes the list of fixes specific to each GP version:
Contact CSSI to learn more about receiving assistance with your year-end GP updates.