Job Posting: Systems Engineer
CSSI is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) to apply technical expertise to support CSSI’s sales of mobile computing, data acquisition, printing, and related software and services. The SE is predominately responsible for supporting pre-sale, implementation, and post-sale customer support activities. Embodying CSSI values, the SE works with the sales team, internal staff, and external vendors to delight customers with excellent project execution and outcomes. This role is ideal for an eager-to-learn and motivated individual who is interested in a career in industrial technology sales. You will acquire expertise in rapidly evolving auto-ID technologies (barcoding, RFID) and rugged mobile computers, and learn how these technologies improve productivity in manufacturing, warehouse/distribution, and logistics applications.
At CSSI Technologies, we are experts in the sale and integration of auto ID technologies (barcoding and RFID). We guide our customers in the selection and deployment of hardware and software to improve productivity and profitability. We add a special layer of value through our custom software development team, which enables us to create highly effective, custom-fit solutions.
- Key Responsibilities
- Support and embody the CSSI values: Knowledgeable, Learning Mindset, Team Player, Customer Responsive, and Community Oriented
- Resolve client inquiries and issues in a timely manner. Communicate resolution effectively through in-person, email, and phone communications.
- Follow and continually improve processes for the deployment and management of mobile computers, printers, ERP clients, and related technology. Assist in customer deployments.
- Prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects on time and on budget in a fast-paced and demanding technical environment.
- Serve clients through all phases of a project by being readily accessible, positive, and service-oriented.
- Add value by continuously seeking to address inefficiencies and make suggestions to improve clients’ automated data collection and printing systems.
- Provide pre-sales support by working with the CSSI sales team to recommend new or updated systems for clients.
- Deliver services and complete post-sale tasks in the implementation and post-sale phases of customer projects.
- Identify problem areas and recommend upgrades for existing clients.
- Interact effectively with non-technical client contacts in order to recommend the best solutions across a wide range of business types and sizes.
- Research and understand complex software and IT systems in order to stay on the cutting-edge of the industry and provide top-notch support.
- Work with technical resources of key partners to gain best-in-class understanding of product offerings and solutions.
- Document all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues and project status.
- Work with external partners, internal staff, and on own to support the CSSI internal network and systems.
- Other duties which may be assigned.
- Candidate Profile & Qualifications
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or a minimum of 1-year experience working in a similar technical role.
- Strong interest in data collection technologies including enterprise mobile computers; advanced data capture devices such as laser, 2D, and RFID scanners and readers; WLAN products; specialty printers for barcode labeling and personal identification; real-time positioning systems; and all related software solutions.
- Experience with Honeywell, Zebra, Panasonic, Intermec, Symbol, Dolphin, and/or Motorola equipment preferred.
- Experience with mobile device management tools such as SOTI and/or StayLinked or Ivanti Wavelink emulators preferred.
- Comfortable working with Android and Windows Mobile/CE operating systems.
- Warehouse, distribution, and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- ERP experience preferred.
This is a full-time salary position at our Lewisburg, PA corporate office. CSSI strives to offer the best opportunities available to its employees. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive health insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with company matching options. Our employees can take part in our wellness program and take advantage of our flextime policy.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and list the position in the subject line.